Changes faculty, staff and students will see in the district include:
Penns Manor Area Elementary:
* New LED lighting throughout the entire building. The change in lighting was part of a two summer energy savings project the school district embarked on last spring. Next summer the elementary front office will changed to include a visitor entrance room within the office.
* New visitor camera and intercom has been installed at the exterior of the main entrance at the elementary school. All visitors entering the elementary school will need to report to the camera and intercom to gain access into the building.
* Student access into the building each morning will now start at 8:30 AM. This reduce the free access time for students entering the building by 50%. The reason for the change is just another step to have a more secure building.
* Ms. Smego is a newly hired teacher being assigned to grade 3. Ms. Smego has served the district the past two years in three different long-term substitute teaching position. Welcome Ms. Smego!
* Ms. Anna is a newly hired Reading Specialist. Ms. Anna will be teaching in our primary level and working as a member of our MTSS program.
Penns Manor Area Jr./Sr. High School:
* The high school has the most physical changes to include: air conditioning in the cafeteria, offices, gym, auditorium and classrooms from room 34 through 43, complete renovation of main lobby restrooms and office spaces, new LED lighting throughout and a newly added front entrance to include a visitor entrance room. Next summer the high school changes will include air conditioning in the remainder part of the high school and complete window replacement.
* As at the elementary, all visitors will report to the camera on the exterior of the building to gain access to the school during regular school hours.
* Ms. Atwood has been hired as a long-term substitute teacher in PE and Health.
* Ms. Gehret has been hired as a long-term Special Education Teacher.