Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome Back! We are excited to begin the 2018-2019 school year!!
- Welcome Ms. Anna and Ms. Smego! Ms. Anna comes to us from Saltsburg Elementary, and will be our Title I Reading teacher. She has extensive experience with reading and will fit in at Penns Manor perfectly. Ms. Smego is no stranger to Penns Manor. She has had a number of long term positions and she will finally settle in to third grade. We are excited and eager to begin working with both Ms. Anna and Ms. Smego.
- Please check information for PTRs and Bus Notes under the Parents tab on the elementary's website. Procedures have not changed. Again, these procedures are in place for the safety of all children.
- This year, we are changing our morning arrival times to limit the time that our entrance is open. Student arrival time is between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. Morning attendance will be taken at 8:50, so please have your child in school by 8:45 to ensure that he or she gets to homeroom in time. Our first class begins promptly at 9:00 a.m.
- Breakfast will be served between 8:30 and 8:50 a.m. Students in grades 4-5 will have the option of taking their breakfast to homeroom. I'm confident that the students and teachers will like this new procedure.
- Remember that our school is nut free and we will continue to enforce this policy.
- We have added a Day #5 Enrichment schedule for your child's classes in music, art, library, and physical education. This will mostly affect students in grades 4 and 5. Students who have signed up for chorus and band will have practice on this rotation day. We are also offering an introductory 9 week computer class for students who are not in band or chorus.
- We have also added an intervention period for each grade. During this time, teachers will use the data from the Star (grades 4-5), and DIBELS (grades K-3) to target the skills that individual students need.
Our school will continue to use Star Reading and Math Assessments in grades 4 and 5, and the DIBELS assessment for grades K-3. These short assessments give the teachers timely feedback that they use to plan instruction. We will send your child’s report home for you to view their progress after each assessment. We believe that ALL students can learn, and that ALL students can show growth!
Our website continues to grow. It is also my goal to continue to provide information to you about Penns Manor Area Elementary. Continue to check back for important updates! Please remember that Mr. Grimaldi and I maintain an open door policy. We look forward to hearing from you!
"We Believe That All Children Can Learn"