Dear Parents and Guardians:
I am so excited to welcome our students back for another successful year of learning, growing, and exploring new opportunities!
- Welcome Mrs. Brody and Mrs. Roach! Mrs. Brody joins our kindergarten team, and Mrs. Roach has moved from the high school to fill the new reading specialist position.
- Mr. Grimaldi and I have changed our roles in the elementary. He is now the Director of Education, guiding and spearheading our curricular programs and services. Mr. Grimaldi is also in charge of attendance. I have moved from the assistant principal to the elementary principal position. Both of us are excited and eager to work with our parents, students, and staff.
- Please review the transportation letter that was sent to your home in July. This explains some critical transportation changes. Our number one priority is student safety: we all need to ensure that our students’ transportation is consistent and reliable.
- Remember that our school is nut free and we will continue to enforce this policy.
- Our teachers and staff have all been trained in emergency preparedness. A letter from Mr. Johnston has been sent home with students that explains how we are preparing should we ever encounter an emergency situation. Your role is just as important as ours. Please read this letter carefully.
Our school will continue to use Star Reading and Math Assessments and Star Early Literacy Assessments. These short assessments give the teachers timely feedback that they use to plan instruction. We will send your child’s report home for you to view their progress as well. We believe that ALL students can learn, and that ALL students can show growth!
Our website has been updated. It has been a work in progress, but we will continue to keep you updated with important information. You can find the Sapphire link, register to view your child’s cafeteria balances, and download documents for transportation and educational trip requests.
"We Believe That All Children Can Learn"