Welcome Back 2016 - 2017
Parents, Guardians and Students, August 2016
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to the 2016 – 2017 school year at Penns Manor Elementary School. We are excited to share some of the changes that are occurring:
- Mrs. Rizzo will be moving into the Title 1 Math position vacated by the retirement of Mr. Packer.
- Mr. Frontino and Mr. Lansberry return full time to the Elementary school to provide art and physical education at every grade level K-5.
- Ms. Matko returns to fill the kindergarten position vacated by the retirement of Mrs. Caroff.
- Mrs. Lezanic returns to the elementary full time and will work with students in grades 1,2, and 5.
- Mrs. Antonio will be coming over from the high school to serve as the Title 1 Instructional Assistant in 3rd grade.
- Mr. White has resigned and IU28 is currently providing technology support to our schools.
We will continue with our implementation of Star Reading and Math Assessments from last school year and add the Star Early Literacy Assessment for our primary students. Star Reading Assessments will be used starting in kindergarten and first grade when students have mastered 100 sight words. Test scores will be sent home with students following the assessments. STAR Early Literacy is the most widely used computer-based diagnostic assessment for determining early literacy and numeracy progress for emerging readers in grades PreK-3. Our teachers will get valid, reliable, actionable data in about 10 minutes. STAR Early Literacy assesses eight key domains of early literacy and numeracy.
Cafeteria account balance information can be obtained online by registering on our website at the lunch account view tab. School breakfast and lunch prices for elementary students are now $1.35 and $2.20 respectively.
Our Nut Free Policy has been revised and updated. A copy of the policy letter will be sent home the first week of school. A copy is also available on our website under the latest news. Have a great school year and call us if you need anything!!!
Mr. Dave Grimaldi Mrs. Kristen Zeglen
Elementary Principal Assistant Principal
“We Believe All Children Can Learn Every Day.”